HOH RAINFOREST - ACTIVITIES
EXPLORE THE BEACH
Not only are we locals but also recreation enthusiasts who can give you insider tips on what there is to do, and what can be seen (elk, deer, fish, flora) during certain times of year. Just ask!
TOP 10 ACTIVITIES IN AND AROUND THE HOH VALLEY
With all the activities in the area we are sure you won´t be at a loss for family recreation during your stay in the Hoh Rainforest.
1. Kayaking and Rafting trips take place on a regular basis from the area.
2.Fishing in the Hoh River is just a half-mile walk from the Hard Rain Cafe parking lot. Fishing guides are plentiful in the area and depending on the time of year you might just get lucky.
3. Hiking is a very popular activity for Rainforest visitors, the Olympic National Park offers nearly one million sq acres of back-country for backpackers.
4. Ruby Beach is our closest beach at just 16 minutes drive from the Cafe, just South of the Upper Hoh Rd. on 101 near Kalaloch.
5. The Olympic National Park Ranger Staff organizes Campfire talks on topics from local history, to botany. For kids, look into the Jr. Ranger program.
6. 5 miles past the Cafe on the Upper Hoh Rd. you can get a glimpse of the first homestead in the Hoh Valley.
7. 11 miles away from the Hard Rain Cafe is the Hoh Indian Reservation, home to the second smallest tribe in the US, they have rich culture and a beautiful beachfront
8. Though our rivers, lakes and ocean are generally cold some brave souls even enjoy swimming in them, normally lake pleasant, and the quillayute river are the warmest and most appropriate for swimming in the months of July and August.
9. Talk with locals about the area´s economic progression or local politics, in most cases you will learn much more than by reading a guide book to the area.
10. Take a camera and observe the daylight´s phases, from the birds´morning chorus, to the sunrise over mount olympus, to the dew drying on the alder branches, to the beach´s sunset from the ridge tops
Hard Rain Cafe
5763 Upper Hoh Rd.
Forks, WA 98331
Located at the HOH RAINFOREST entrance of the
OLYMPIC NATIONAL PARK
Olympic national park lodging
hard rain cafe
hoh rain forest
hoh rainforest camping
olympic national park
olympic national park camping
olympic peninsula RV-park
pacific northwest travel
rainforest in washington
rainforest in washington camping
washington state rainforest RV-park
washington state rv-park